The Assistant Program & Conferences Officer of CIMA reports to CIMA’s Senior Director and is responsible for substantive components of CIMA’s work, including conceiving, planning, and executing the center’s events, conferences, and outreach programs.
- Develop CIMA panel discussions, working groups, conferences, and other events as part of CIMA’s overall strategy to highlight the importance of independent media in sustaining democracies around the world.
- Develop creative and innovative digital initiatives that expand the reach of CIMA’s public events (for example, virtual events and conferences) and help to build CIMA’s global networks online.
- Manage CIMA’s internal media working group meetings for program staff within the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
- Work with CIMA’s assistant partnerships officer to development and execute working groups with outside institutions, such as universities, donors, and media development implementers.
- Facilitate coordination with NED program staff, including consulting with the NED’s regional experts about potential speakers and participants in CIMA programs, discussions, and events.
- Work with CIMA senior director and CIMA editor and publications manager to coordinate a coherent events/publications schedule.
- Coordinate outreach for CIMA and identify key contacts for networking; contribute to CIMA’s blog and social media campaigns
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings, conference, and events as assigned by senior director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in international development, democracy assistance programs, or news media, with experience in international media development preferred
Knowledge of international media issues and/or democracy promotion programs
- Experience in layout and design using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with CMS, Drupal, and HTML
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- MS Office skills required;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Authorized to work in the US.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements, contact information for three professional references, and a completed NED Employment Application form. Please send to email@example.com, with your name and Assistant Program and Conferences Officer, CIMA– Job #1608 in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please no phone calls.